Sunday, July 29, 2012

Boats, Change Island Newfoundland
Pen on cartridge
                                  Just returned recently from holiday in Newfoundland.
                                  Two dear friends and painters, Ray McNeice and
                                  Margaret Grandison accompanied my wife Sue and I
                                  around the Rock. Ray and Margaret painted, I sketched
                                  which was quite novel for me. Not the sketching so much
                                  as the degree of detail. In total I did about 25 drawings.
                                  Change Island was beautiful, quite remote and full of
                                  breathtaking scenery. Would highly recommend trip here.
                                  Famous Canadian Doris McCarthy painted in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment