Tuesday, February 21, 2017



                                It has been over 6 months since my last post. But I have been
                                painting quite a bit over that period. I worked on a series of
                                irises based on the beautiful crop I had in our garden last summer.
                                Van Gogh was my inspiration. More to follow on that note in
                                upcoming posts. I have also been working on a series of trees
                                and/or forests, as well as a series of non-objective work. This
                                painting is one from the Newfoundland series. As mentioned
                                in previous posts, the homes are scattered in all different
                                locations surrounded by the breathtaking and rugged terrain
                                of Newfoundland. The bold colours reflect the joy I felt
                                while visiting this beautiful landscape, but mostly the warmth
                                and hospitality of the people!

No comments:

Post a Comment